- Muscle testing will be as important as bone density testing as doctors understand the intertwined loss of bone and muscle with aging.
- ““Everything is energy” will become a familiar concept and the popularity of energy medicines will increase. You will see more homeopathy, acupuncture, Qi Gong, Reiki and many other treatments, including balancing the chakras and even tuning the invisible energy fields around the body.
- Researchers will discover how to convert sound into bone as they identify the vibrational frequency capable of converting stem cells into osteoblasts that form bone cells.
- Around the world there will be a push for universal vitamin D testing as the world absorbs the lessons of the recent flu epidemic.
- Government subsidies to fossil fuel industries will be transferred to subsidies for local fruit and vegetable growing programs.
- The limitations of bone density testing using the current DEXA x-ray system will become increasingly obvious, initiating a search for better ways to assess bone strength.
The use of the new Italian ultrasound bone fragility testing device will gain ground in Europe. In the United States, however, the medical industry will not adopt radiation-free ultrasound bone testing, but will promote CT bone testing, despite its radiation exposure.
- In the world of bone pharmacotherapy, the abbreviation NNT (Number needed to be processed) will be the question you ask. By popular demand, marketers of pharmaceutical products must disclose the NNT, that is, they must report the number of people treated to obtain a positive result.
For example, they will have to report that 21 high-risk women should be treated with Prolia for 3 years to prevent 1 spinal fracture, and that 230 high-risk women should be treated for 3 years to prevent 1 hip fracture.
- Scientists will highlight the link between the dangerous acidification of our environment (oceans, rivers, soils and air) and the acidification of the human body, which limits health.
- Bone health will come to be seen as a marker and predictor of total body health.
- “May I become as intelligent as my body” will become the new mantra as science explains to the public the great intelligence that lies within each of us.
- Measuring the pH of your first morning urine will become as common as brushing your teeth as word spreads that this simple measurement can indicate whether or not you are getting enough minerals.
The post Dr. Brown’s Crystal Ball Predictions for 2023 appeared first on Better Bones, Better Body.